Thursday 9 June 2011

DWELL: Concept & Type Ideas

I decided to start with the layout à la Dwell Magazine. I made a big mood-board this morning (unfortunately, I don't have my camera with me today, so I'll photograph it and post it here this evening or tomorrow morning at the latest). I decided I want to do my spread on acrylic furniture. I really wanted an acrylic chair for my apartment, but then I realized they cost around $200... no ghost chair for me.
I'm going to call the article: Now You See Me, Now You Don't; and the subhead will read something like, "invisible furniture: why we love it so much and why it's so expensive." (I noticed lots of the Dwell articles are about, or at least mention, price).


Here are some very, very rough type swatches:


 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. i like the headline, sub head need work though.

    like the concept, now sell it to me with your type artistry.

    don't be afraid to go wild with your type... you can always scale it down later.

    try different typefaces... serifs maybe?
    different shades of black could also help... 10% or so

    ReplyDelete