Friday 22 July 2011

Quandary

I've been thinking about what books to make jackets for... I think it's very important to be familiar with the content of the book before attempting to design the cover, but there are very few authors who's books I've read three of. I think Jane Austen, David Sedaris, and J.K.Rowling might be the only ones. None of those really appealed to me. So I was thinking, may I bend the rules and do three books of fairytales:
  • New Fairy Tales :: Hans Christian Anderson (the little mermaid, the snow queen, the ugly duckling, etc)
  • Stories of Fairy Tales from Bygone Eras :: Charles Perrault  (little red riding hood, puss in boots, bluebeard, etc)
  • Children's and Household Tales :: Jacob & Wilhelm Grimm (cinderella, sleeping beauty, snow white, etc)
May I cheat and do that?

1 comment:

  1. fairy tale compendium. yeah man. if that's what you want to do, go for it. that's a hell of a lot of fairy tales but if you can make it work then you can make a pretty solid three book piece for all new parents to purchase.

    good luck / cheers

    ReplyDelete